Friday, November 7, 2008

Find a group: out of my academic work

As I mentioned in the first blog, I love playing volleyball. It is a great way for me to find friendship, fun, and relax. I launched the PSU Happy Volley group, which is an informal group with 34 members. Most of the members play volleyball in the IM building regularly (almost every Friday evening and often Wednesday evening too). This semester we have organized a BBQ at the Whipple Dam where there is a pretty good sand volleyball court. We currently are planning on designing and ordering our group T-shirt with the group logo, individual’s name and a unique number on it. Quite a few group members are active in various leagues or tournaments on campus or off campus. This Tuesday our Happy Volley team just got our successive third win in the IM tournament.

No comments: